Thursday, July 30, 2009

Arkansas commit DT Jeremiah Jackson

TBWNN got the chance to speak with Jeremiah Jackson and asked him some questions about what it means to be a Razorback, what he expects at Spain Park this year, and how solid he is to the Razorbacks.......

- Jeremiah, you committed to play for the University of Arkansas just over a month ago. How hard of a decision was that for you?

J.J.- It was very tough but anytime you’re making a decision about your future its a tough decision, only because you want to make sure its the right choice. Although a tough decision, I am very excited to be coming to the University of Arkansas.

- This year's trend seems to be committing early. You can clearly see it across the nation, as prep stars like yourself seem to be wanting to get on the bus a lot sooner than in years past. Why do you think that is, and why did you commit so early in the process to Arkansas?

J.J.- Well I cant speak for those guys but as for myself, I did it because I knew Arkansas was the right place for me. After a lot of praying and seeking God about it, I felt no need to wait.

- What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses?

J.J.- My strengths are definitely my hands and explosiveness off the ball, as far as weaknesses. I believe I can improve on every part of my game.

- You guys at Spain Park had an average season last year. What are your goals for this year?

J.J.- We want to win, I was very disappointed in last year, but we experienced growing pains and now we feel prepared to get to the playoffs and make some noise.

- It is a long time until signing day Jeremiah. Are you solid to Arkansas, or do you plan on taking more visits?

J.J.- No sir, I am solid to the Razorbacks.

- What will be your personal/team goals once you step on the University of Arkansas campus?

J.J.- I just want to play early and help the team out anyway I can.

- Since you made your commit to Arkansas. Have other schools backed off, or have some of them just turned up the heat on you?

J.J.- Its been pretty much the same, none have really backed off, and none have really turned up the heat.

- It is a really good day, and you can have any type of food you want. What is your meal going to consist of?

J.J.- (laughs) My moms fried chicken and my grandmas dressing.

- How exciting has this entire process been for you and your family? Has playing SEC football been a life long dream of yours?

J.J.- Its been very exciting, we feel blessed that God has given me the opportunity to free my parents of a major burden.. which is paying for college and growing up in the south, yes sir its always been a dream of mine to play in the SEC.

- What will it mean to you, to wear the Hog on your helmet?

J.J.- Everything. I’m so excited to have that opportunity, but first I have to earn that privilege.

- 76,000 fans packed into Razorback Stadium on a Saturday, calling the Hogs. What is the first thought that comes to your mind?

J.J.- (laughing)I’d probably be thinking of how excited and blessed I am to be playing this game of football at such a high level.

No comments: