Monday, August 3, 2009

Florida Prep QB Clint Trickett

TBWNN had the opportunity to speak with Clint Trickett about how his summer has been going, where he is at in the recruiting process, what his goals are for this upcoming football season, and who is in the running for his services.....

- Clint, you have been a very busy body this summer. Your stock seems to be rising faster than any QB in the country right now. What have you taken away from all the camps this summer, and are you satisfied with your performances thus far?

Clint- Well I appreciate the compliment, but I feel like I've gotten better everyday and at every camp, which is something you want. The only camp I wish I could do over is the Seminole Showtime, I had an average performance at best and that’s not what I want.

- You have a pretty long and impressive list of offers that have been thrown your way. With the great summer you have had, have you picked up any more offers lately, or is it still the same group that are after your services?

Clint- I have picked up a couple more offers this summer with USF and Pitt jumping in. I am just blessed that I've gotten the opportunity

- As a youngster, was there a certain QB that you looked up to, and maybe tried to mirror their game? And Why?

Clint- Growing up around college football, I had a few favorite players. My two favorites were Dameyune Craig and Chris Weinke. They're the reason I'm number 16. Also, when Chris sent me a 3 page text message last week, I was humbled to say the least. Both were winners and both made plays.

- You have been to quite a few camps this summer, including Friday Night Lights last weekend. You always hear recruiting services talk about certain recruits, and maybe how good they are. In your opinion, who are the best athletes you have camped with this summer?

Clint- Chris Dunkley always impresses everywhere he goes. Ronal Powell is a DE from California and an absolute animal. Christian Jones is the best Linebacker in Florida (that includes Jeff Luc). Kenny Shaw is the most under rated WR in the country.

- You were in Fayetteville, AR not too long ago with your father. What is it about the University of Arkansas, that has really drawn your attention?

Clint- Coach Petrino is the main reason, actually both of them. The head guy is obviously a offensive genius and there are few that can do it better than him. Besides the coaches that I've known throughout my life, Coach Paul Petrino is the coach I'm closest to out of all the coaches recruiting me. Also, it doesn't get better than the SEC.

- Your senior season at NFC is coming up. What are your expectations for yourself & for your team this coming season? Any personal goals you have set for yourself?

Clint- We start camp August 9th and we are working our way to an undefeated season. Out of 6 state championships, NFC has never had an undefeated season. We just have to stay humble and stay hungry and we will be the first. My only personal goal before the season was to get into the Elite 11 camp, now it's to prove that I should have.

- What is your current weight & height?

Clint- I measured in at FNL at 173 lbs, 6'2 1/4.

- It is almost August now, and nearly time for you to get ready for fall camp. Do you have a timeline on when you are planning on committing?

Clint- Whenever I feel most comfortable.

- If you were to give us a list of schools that you have the most interest in, who would they be, and who would be your favorite at this point?

Clint- All of the schools that have offered me are the ones I'm most interested in. My favorites are (no order) Pitt, Arkansas, & USF.

- Did you get a chance to eat at the Catfish Hole while you were in Fayetteville?

Clint- (laughing) Yes I did and it was wonderful. Of course I got the catfish and the hushpuppies were great. The owner was extremely welcoming.

- Are you planning on making it to a game this fall in Fayetteville, AR?

Clint- As of now, Arkansas would be one of my 5 official visits and I want to take my visits in season to see a game like atmosphere.

- Tell us in your own words, what are the best parts of your game, and what are the area's that you feel like you need to work on?

Clint- Accuracy tends to be the most popular choice by the "recruiting experts", but in my opinion I think my knowledge of the game and leadership are my best attributes. Also, everything needs to get better, but most of all my size. Don’t get that confused with arm strength, but body size.

- What has this process been like for you? We know you have been around the college game with your father. On a personal level, what has this meant to you, to be wanted by so many college football programs? And have you learned anything during the process that maybe you didn’t know before?

Clint- The process has been getting a little bit tiring, with people trying to pull you in every direction. That's a good problem to have though. I'm just lucky to have the opportunity and have God bless me. But I also knew going into it that you can't trust every person.

No comments: