Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Alabama Prep OLB Nigel Terrell


Pelham, AL prep OLB Nigel Terrell(6'2" 215 4.4 forty)is close to ending the recruitment process, "I am about to end this process soon because I want to focus on the season and the football team." Terrell says. "The process has been going well, it is just a little exhausting and frustrating at times, other than that, it has been good."
Terrell recently named Florida State and Ole Miss as his top 2 choices. Terrell says he really likes the coaching staffs at both schools, but distance from his family also plays a major roll in his decision. "I have them on top because they are far enough where I can be independent at the same time be able to travel home when need be." Terrell says. " These two places are where I feel comfortable with the coaches and their plans with me in the up and coming seasons. I also like that they have a pretty large academic list to pick from."
The star OLB also said that playing in the SEC really will not be a deciding factor in his decision. "I'm not into the whole conference deal myself. I do believe it's one of most competitive conferences, but I'm not going to commit to a school just by the conference it's in. Although I do like to compete."
"I'm looking for a place where I feel at home and is not too hard on my family if they want to come to game or something of that nature. Some place where I can possibly play early and get a great education and a major I feel comfortable with."
The senior at Pelham HS says that he does still have some unfinished business to tend to at the high school level in his last year. "Our first goal is to win the region, and then state of course." he says. "This year I am wanting to become a better player and to polish my skills at OLB, become a better leader not only vocally but through my actions."
Terrell also feels like he has some things he needs to work on, to become more of a complete player, "I believe my strengths are my speed and change of direction, also my ability to play over the tight end. I want to work on all areas of my playing but I want to focus a little more on tackling. I want to become more of a sure tackler. I also want to gain more weight, as it is kind of jumpy."
The sky seems to be the limit for Terrell. One of two lucky schools will earn his signature come signing day.

No comments: