Monday, August 17, 2009

CB Ricardo Allen: LEAVE NO DOUBTS



Mainland HS in Daytona, FL seems to be on a mission this year, in hopes of running the table, led by Senior CB Ricardo Allen(5’9 ½”, 178, 4.3 forty).


Allen feels like Mainland came up just short of completing their goals a year ago, “That left a big mark in my mind all summer,” he says. “It made my team and I work harder this summer, so that when we do get down by a little, we can make that extra point, or we can convert that two point conversion.”


The Mainland senior says that their goals are lofty this year, but everyone has lofty expectations during fall camp, “We want to go 15-0 this year, but everyone does, our team motto this year is, LEAVE NO DOUBTS.”


Right now, Ricardo Allen has left no doubts that he is in fact, a big time prospect out of the Sunshine state. Allen reports offers from Arkansas, Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, South Carolina, Wake Forest, & Central Florida. “I haven’t really gotten close to making a decision yet. I don’t really have a preference on what conference I want to play in.” Although not ready to make a decision on where he ends up playing at the next level, Allen admits that the recruiting process takes a toll on him, “Recruiting is cool, but it sometimes does get a little bit out of control.”


As of now, Allen does not have a favorite in his list of offers, but he does have one official visit set up with teammates O.J. Ross and Chevin Davis, “So far, I’ve set up one, October 16 to Purdue. I am going with a couple of my teammates.” Allen says. “My mother is in love with the Arkansas Razorbacks, but with me being a team captain this year, I’ve put all my focus on the team goals for the season, and what we have to do to make it to the state championship game. I haven’t really been focusing on recruiting lately.”


There are quite a few things Allen is looking for in his college choice. One, being how long the coach plans on staying at the school. “ I don’t want a coach who likes me, then the coach leaves, and the new coaching staff likes 6’1” corners, which I am not.” Another thing Allen is looking at, is academics, if football does not work out, he sees his future in the medical field. “I want to be a nurse, or a doctor, “ Allen says.


Allen’s biggest asset may be his footwork, but he believes he brings much more to the field, “I bring technique, discipline, and heart. My main thing is technique. I have to have good technique in order to beat a bigger, faster, stronger wide out.” Allen says, “ I train on my technique and footwork, so things will come a lot easier for me.”


When asked who is the best player he has faced at camps this year, “Markeith Ambles, he is the only WR to get a catch on me.


Well, one thing is for certain, Ricardo Allen is on a mission, to “Leave No Doubts.”

No comments: