Thursday, August 6, 2009

Navarro JC DE Lawrence Rumph


Navarro JUCO DE Lawrence Rumph(6'4" 270 4.8 forty) sports offers from Arkansas, Oklahoma State, Southern Miss, Kansas, Kansas State, & Baylor.

The December graduate will be enrolling at his new school in January of 2010. Rumph seems to be happy with the offers he has garnered so far, but there is one offer he would still like to receive. "I would not mind having a few more," Rumph says, "I would really like an offer from Florida, but there are some very good schools looking at me, and I am happy with them."

Rumph feels that he is ready to take his game to the D-1 level, and in a big time conference. He says he has improved his speed, strength, & quickness in what will be two years at Navarro. "My play on the field, my actions off the field, and my work ethic has improved so much since coming here," says Rumph.

There are a few things the DE is looking for in his new school next year. "I am looking at their depth chart, academics, how far they are away from home, & the success of the program this year."

Right now, Rumph says he does not have a favorite, as everyone is "sitting even" with him so far. He says he will wait until football season to take any visits, "I am not going to take any visits until after football starts. As of right now, I am not sure where I want to take all of my visits."

In the mean time, Rumph and Navarro JUCO have a season to play. He seems to have some pretty lofty goals, but he believes all of his team & personal goals are reachable, "We want to win a national championship, I want to lead the NCAA in sacks, and I want to be an All American, those are my goals," Rumph says.

Whether Rumph and his team are able to reach those goals remains to be seen, but the attention the JUCO DE is receiving right now from some high profile schools is legit. He will make one school a great DE in the coming years.

No comments: